Vancouver Food Reviews

Reviews and experiences of a low budget food critic

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Seasons Hill Top Bistro - Review

Well this probably doesn't fit into the budget dining but I did go here recently with my girlfriend and my mother (one paying).

This place is quite high end the prices match. We started with a round of appetizers which included stuffed mushroom caps (cheese and even more cheese), and crab cakes. Both dishes were delicious and quite rich. Quite worth it I think.

The main course was where it was at. I enjoyed red snapper with mussels. It was a little on the salty side but it was tasty. The portion was not what you would expect from your local burger joint but after the rich appetizers it was good to not be stuffed until you could no longer walk. Other dishes that were enjoyed included Ahi Tuna that was seared on both sides, leaving a juicy inside.

For the life of me I can't remember the wine we enjoyed. It was French and I was the one to select it. It was good (red, good bouquet, smooth with a little bit of a sharp finish) and if I return there anytime soon I will try and remember to look it up.

Desert, well we were all pretty happy with what we had just ate so I enjoyed a nice glass of Dow's Port and the others had plain old coffee.

This is my first review and I will in the future take notes on my experiences. I had to do this from memory and it was a little bit sketchy. I will also include a rating system of the standard out of 10 score.

I will give this experience a 9 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home