Vancouver Food Reviews

Reviews and experiences of a low budget food critic

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Grey Monk 2004 Pinot Noir - Review

Wine, quite the concoction of grapes and yeast, aged to perfection. This is what we hope anyways. I cracked open a bottle of Grey Monk Pinot Noir this evening. The winery is located in the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia.


This wine is in the moderate price range, in the sub twenty dollar amount. The taste is a little dry with a lightly tart aftertaste. The smell is slightly fruity but not all that strong. I prefer a wine a little on the dry side. I'm not to sure if I enjoy this dry of a wine but it was in the acceptable range.


Compared to the wine I have been subjected to in the past (home brews of all sorts) it was a welcome change from the really cheap quality of those particular wines.


Overall I would rate this wine a 6 out of 10 and would consider trying a different year or sampling another bottle to get a better judge of this particular wine. Maybe there will be a revisit in the future of this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home