Vancouver Food Reviews

Reviews and experiences of a low budget food critic

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Kirkland Take and Bake Pizza - Review

Well nothing says cheap like the Costco take and bake pizza from their in store brand Kirkland. It was of the Hawaiian/Deluxe variety (half and half). It was around 10 dollars and was in the larger size pizza variety (surprise, surprise from Costco).

After sticking it in the oven for the alloted time for cooking, I walked in as my girlfriend was cooking it, not sure of the exact time, it was crisp and ready to eat. A little well done on the bottom but all in all it was cooked quite well. Oh did I mention this was one of those square pizzas. Just thought I should in case you decide to purchase one yourself.

So after the cooking we cut it up into squares and chowed down. Of course I added a little ranch dressing to the mix, as that is the best way to eat a pizza I think. The Hawaiian side was sweet and tasty and the deluxe side was a bit more savory and I liked the fact that it did not have olives on it. They are good in a Martini but should stay off my pizza, just my opinion.

So I ate a good four pieces and they went down quite well with the Coke I was drinking. With my girlfriend and roommate, we ate most of it. Put the rest in the fridge for later.

So overall this was a pretty good tasting pizza for the price and I will give it a 7 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home