Vancouver Food Reviews

Reviews and experiences of a low budget food critic

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Yellowtail 2005 Shiraz - Review

I was making some spaghetti last night and I decided to crack open a bottle. The Yellowtail 2005 Shiraz, was the bottle I choose. The only other choice was a homemade bottle of white that was given to me and I would most likely use for cooking in the future.

So I cracked this baby open. I did notice that it had a synthetic cork, something I'm not quite used to but it didn't seem to cause any change in the taste of the wine. The smell from both the glass and the cork was a slight bit fruity but overall quite pleasant. The initial taste was both smooth and not harsh which I like. It isn't a particularly dry wine and has a slight sweet flavour. This is something that can go either way for me. It went the way of good for me this time and seemed to complement the smoothness.

So all in all this is a good wine, and specially for the price. This bottle is usually in the sub twenty dollar range making it a good choice for the wine drinker with a low budget.

Overall I give this bottle a 7 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home